Termite Treatment East Brunswick NJ
If you think you have termites in your walls, don’t waste time. Pick up the phone and call Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Treatment East Brunswick NJ, where we specialize in termite treatment by qualified exterminators. Specifically, we focus on the removal of Eastern subterranean termites, the most common species of termite in the nation. They are generally more common in the eastern half of the United States, particularly in New Jersey, hence how they got their name.
Termite Treatment East Brunswick NJ
Prevention is the best course of action, but if termites have already infiltrated your home or business, call Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Exterminator East Brunswick NJ right away.
Don’t underestimate the power of termites. They may be small, but they can wreak havoc on any home. In fact, more than 600,000 homes are damaged by these termites every year with damages totaling more than $1.5 billion. If you suspect termite invasion, get immediate attention by Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Treatment East Brunswick NJ. Failing to fix this issue can lead to untold structural damage and expensive repair bills.
Signs of Termites
While the human ear can’t exactly hear termites munching through the walls, you may hear the sound of paper rustling. This happens when termites burrow close to the outside of the wall. And if you hear a dry rattling sound, this could be termites banging their heads on the sides of the tunnel to communicate.
You may not be sure you have termites, but here are common signs:
- Sticking windows or doors
- Discolored or drooping drywall
- Buckling floor boards
- Peeling paint that looks like water damage
- Wood that sounds hollow when you tap it
- Small, pinpoint holes in your drywall
- Loose tiles (they become loose due to the added moisture termites introduce to your floors)
- Very squeaky floorboards
- Crumbling, damaged wood
- Mounds of drywood termite pellets that look like tiny piles of salt or pepper
- Piles of wings that look like fish scales (these are left behind after swarms)
- Mud tubes that climb the foundation of your home
- Flying termite swarms
- Maze-like patterns in floor boards, furniture, or walls
However, you won’t know you have termites for sure until you get professional assistance from Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Exterminator East Brunswick NJ.
Professional Termite Inspection
Our technicians will visit your property for an inspection to determine the level of termite infestation. Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Exterminator East Brunswick NJ will take the proper steps to determine the origin of your problem, crawling under your house or squeezing into tight attic spaces. Then, we will go over the best treatments to effectively remove termites and prevent their return. Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Treatment East Brunswick NJ can get rid of your problem effectively.
Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Treatment East Brunswick NJ says there are steps you can take to stop termites from getting inside.
- Check the wood around your house: Check wooden beams and exposed wood areas, pressing your thumb or fingers against exposed wood. If it crumbles, you likely have termites.
- Repair your roof: Broken roof tiles let in moisture and create a breeding ground for termites to start chewing and setting up their nests.
- Keep an eye on the air conditioner: The moisture that drips from an AC window unit causes the surrounding wood to become damp, attracting termites.
- Use the right mulch: Only use mulch made from alternative materials such as gravel or rubber instead of wood.
- Get rid of cardboard boxes: By keeping lots of boxes around, you increase the risk of termites. Store your items in plastic boxes instead.
- Don’t stack wood against your home: This will attract termites.
Contact Cavanaugh’s for Termite Treatment Services in East Brunswick
Call Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Treatment East Brunswick NJ at one of our three convenient locations:
- Flanders: 973-584-2552
- Somerville: 908-823-0230
- Freehold: 800-362-2282