Termite Treatment Matawan NJ
Do you suspect termite infestation in your home or business? You must act quickly before the problem gets out of control. That’s when you pick up the phone and call Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Treatment Matawan NJ. It’s all in our name: we specialize in termite treatment by qualified exterminators. Specifically, we concentrate on the removal of Eastern subterranean termites, the most common species of termite in the country. They are generally more common in the eastern half of the United States, especially in New Jersey, hence their name.
Termite Treatment Matawan NJ
They may be small, but they can cause a lot of damage to a single home. More than 600,000 homes are damaged by these termites every year with total damages totaling more than $1.5 billion. If you suspect termite invasion, you need immediate attention by Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Treatment Matawan NJ. Letting this issue go unchecked can lead to untold structural damage and expensive repair bills.
Prevention is best of course, but if termites have already infiltrated your home or business, call Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Exterminator Matawan NJ right away.
Professional Termite Inspection
The first thing you should do is call our technicians to visit your property for an inspection to determine the level of pest infestation. Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Exterminator Matawan NJ has been a family owned business since 1943. We know termites, we understand their behaviors and we have the skill to get rid of them.
As part of our inspection, our pest control specialists will do all they can to determine the origin of your problem. We’ll crawl under a house or squeeze into tight attic spaces. Then, we will go over possible treatments to effectively remove termites and prevent their return. Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Treatment Matawan NJ can help once and for all.
Signs of Termites
You may not be sure you have termites, but there are some tell-tale signs, including:
- Discolored or drooping drywall
- Peeling paint that looks like water damage
- Wood that sounds hollow when you tap it
- Small, pinpoint holes in your drywall
- Buckling floor boards
- Loose tiles (they become loose due to the added moisture termites introduce to your floors)
- Sticking windows or doors
- Very squeaky floorboards
- Crumbling, damaged wood
- Maze-like patterns in floor boards, furniture, or walls
- Mounds of drywood termite pellets that look like tiny piles of salt or pepper
- Piles of wings that look like fish scales (these are left behind after swarms)
- Mud tubes that climb the foundation of your home
- Flying termite swarms
While the human ear can’t exactly hear termites munching through the walls, you may hear the sound of paper rustling. This happens when termites burrow close to the outside of the wall. And if you hear a dry rattling sound, this could be termites banging their heads on the sides of the tunnel to communicate.
But you just don’t know for sure until you get professional assistance. You need Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Exterminator Matawan NJ to get answers. Only then can you take steps for prevention.
Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Treatment Matawan NJ advises homeowners to make preparations around their home to stop termites from getting inside in the first place. You can:
- Repair your roof: Broken roof tiles let in moisture and create a breeding ground for termites to start chewing and setting up their nests.
- Keep an eye on the air conditioner: The moisture that drips from an AC window unit causes the surrounding wood to become damp, attracting termites.
- Check the wood around your house: Check wooden beams and exposed wood areas, pressing your thumb or fingers against exposed wood. If it crumbles, you likely have termites.
- Get rid of cardboard boxes: By keeping lots of boxes around, you increase the risk of termites. Store your items in plastic boxes instead.
- Don’t stack wood against your home: This will attract termites.
- Use the right mulch: Only use mulch made from alternative materials such as gravel or rubber instead of wood.
Contact Cavanaugh’s for Termite Treatment Services in Matawan
Call Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Treatment Matawan NJ at one of our three convenient locations:
- Flanders: 973-584-2552
- Somerville: 908-823-0230
- Freehold: 800-362-2282