Termite Treatment Toms River NJ
Never underestimate the power of termites. They may be small, but they can wreak havoc on any home. In fact, more than 600,000 homes are damaged by these termites every year with damages totaling more than $1.5 billion. If you suspect termite invasion, get immediate help by Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Treatment Toms River NJ. Failing to fix this issue can lead to expensive structural damage and subsequent repair bills.
Termite Treatment Toms River NJ
Think you have termites in your walls? Don’t waste time. Call Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services, where we specialize in termite treatment by qualified exterminators – specifically working to remove Eastern subterranean termites. This is the most common species of termite in the nation, more common in the eastern half of the United States, particularly in New Jersey.
Have termites already infiltrated your home or business? Get in touch with Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Exterminator Toms River NJ right away.
How to Prevent Termites in the First Place
Nothing is fool proof but there are some steps you can take to ensure you don’t get termites. Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Treatment Toms River NJ says:
- Keep an eye on the air conditioner: The moisture that drips from an AC window unit causes the surrounding wood to become damp, attracting termites.
- Check the wood around your house: Check wooden beams and exposed wood areas, pressing your thumb or fingers against exposed wood. If it crumbles, you likely have termites.
- Get rid of cardboard boxes: By keeping lots of boxes around, you increase the risk of termites. Store your items in plastic boxes instead.
- Don’t stack wood against your home: This brings termites.
- Repair your roof: Broken roof tiles let in moisture and create a breeding ground for termites to start chewing and setting up their nests.
- Use the right mulch: Only use mulch made from alternative materials such as gravel or rubber instead of wood.
While the human ear can’t exactly hear termites eating through wood, if you hear a dry rattling sound, this could be termites banging their heads on the sides of the tunnel to communicate. Or, perhaps you hear the sound of paper rustling, which is what happens when termites burrow close to the outside of the wall.
Check out these common signs of termite infestation:
- Peeling paint that looks like water damage
- Small, pinpoint holes in your drywall
- Sticking windows or doors
- Discolored or drooping drywall
- Buckling floor boards
- Mud tubes that climb the foundation of your home
- Wood that sounds hollow when you tap it
- Very squeaky floorboards
- Crumbling, damaged wood
- Mounds of drywood termite pellets that look like tiny piles of salt or pepper
- Piles of wings that look like fish scales (these are left behind after swarms)
- Loose tiles (they become loose due to the added moisture termites introduce to your floors)
- Flying termite swarms
- Maze-like patterns in floor boards, furniture, or walls
Keep in mind, there’s really no way to tell for sure until you get professional assistance from Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Exterminator Toms River NJ. After your call, we will visit your property for an inspection to determine the level of termite infestation. Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Exterminator Toms River NJ will take the proper steps to determine the origin of your problem, then go over the best treatments to effectively remove termites and prevent their return.
Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Treatment Toms River NJ is the first one you should call.
Contact Cavanaugh’s for Termite Treatment Services in Toms River
Call Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Treatment Toms River NJ at one of our three convenient locations:
- Flanders: 973-584-2552
- Somerville: 908-823-0230
- Freehold: 800-362-2282