Termite Treatment West Windsor NJ
Suspect you have termites eating through your walls? Don’t waste time. Call Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Treatment West Windsor NJ, where we specialize in expert treatment of Eastern subterranean termites, the most common species of termite in the nation. They are seen more in the eastern half of the United States, particularly in New Jersey. This is how they got their name.
Termite Treatment West Windsor NJ
The power of termites cannot be underestimated. They may be tiny creatures, but they do a lot of damage to homes. In fact, more than 600,000 homes are damaged every year by termites, totaling more than $1.5 billion. If this is happening to you, get immediate help by Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Treatment West Windsor NJ. If you don’t address the issue in a timely manner, this issue can lead to expensive structural damage and repair bills.
Get in touch with Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Exterminator West Windsor NJ right away if you think you have termites.
Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Treatment West Windsor NJ is the first one you should call when you see tell tale signs. While you can’t exactly hear termites eating through wood, if you hear a dry rattling sound, this could be termites banging their heads on the sides of the tunnel to communicate with each other. Or, maybe you’re hearing the sound of paper rustling, which is what happens when termites burrow close to the outside of the wall.
Don’t self-diagnose. There’s really no way to tell you have termites for sure until you get a professional inspection from Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Exterminator West Windsor NJ.
In the meantime, check out more common signs of termite infestation:
- Wood that sounds hollow when you tap it
- Peeling paint that looks like water damage
- Small, pinpoint holes in your drywall
- Sticking windows or doors
- Discolored or drooping drywall
- Mud tubes that climb the foundation of your home
- Maze-like patterns in floor boards, furniture, or walls
- Crumbling, damaged wood
- Mounds of drywood termite pellets that look like tiny piles of salt or pepper
- Piles of wings that look like fish scales (these are left behind after swarms)
- Buckling floor boards
- Loose tiles (they become loose due to the added moisture termites introduce to your floors)
- Flying termite swarms
- Very squeaky floorboards
After your call, we will visit your property for an inspection to determine the level of termite infestation. Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Exterminator West Windsor NJ will take the proper steps to determine the origin of your problem, then determine the best treatments to effectively remove termites and prevent them from coming back.
How to Prevent Termites in the First Place
Nothing is set in stone, but there are some things you can do to ensure you don’t invite termites into your home. Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Treatment West Windsor NJ says:
- Use the correct mulch: Only use mulch made from alternative materials such as gravel or rubber instead of wood.
- Check the wood around your house: Check wooden beams and exposed wood areas, pressing your thumb or fingers against exposed wood. If it crumbles, you likely have termites.
- Don’t store cardboard boxes: By keeping lots of boxes around, you increase the risk of termites. Store your items in plastic boxes instead.
- Refrain from stacking wood against your home: This invites termites.
- Repair your roof: Broken roof tiles let in moisture and create a breeding ground for termites.
- Watch your air conditioner: The moisture that drips from an AC window unit causes the surrounding wood to become damp, attracting termites.
Contact Cavanaugh’s for Termite Treatment Services in West Windsor
Call Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite and Pest Services – Termite Treatment West Windsor NJ at one of our three convenient locations:
- Flanders: 973-584-2552
- Somerville: 908-823-0230
- Freehold: 800-362-2282